Our programs include:
- Kidsbuzz Recommunication course: Co-operative and collaborative co-parenting
- Kidsbuzz Integration Program: Building stronger family connections through reintegration, reunification, open communication, commitment, and understanding
- Kidsbuzz Parenting Skills Workshop
All our programs are offered in person. Exceptions under extreme situations, such as the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, are made to allow the program to be conducted online via Zoom. A version of our Recommunication course and the Parenting Skills workshop will be made available online in a self-paced offering where you can work through the information in your own time. This should be available mid 2022. Please note, that for court ordered attendances, it must be done in person unless written permission is given by the Judge or Family Advocate.
Who is this course for?
This course is for parents currently undergoing separation, divorce or the end of their relationship, as well as those who have separated, divorced or broken up already. The relationship between these parents is characterized by conflict and heightened emotions when it comes to basic general communication as well as communication regarding their child / children. Often times, communication difficulties already exist within the relationship prior to the relationship coming to an end, and this is heightened afterwards. Additionally, disagreements may exist in parenting styles. These disagreements lead to further conflict and create imbalance in the child’s / children’s life due to confusion. Proper routine and structure is therefore required to ensure they develop in a healthy manner.
Why this course?
This course will provide parents with the following:
• Understanding conflict and the reasons for conflict.
• List of avoidances when the child / children is involved.
• Understanding the impact that this has on the child / children short term and long term.
• Navigating parenting plans and visitation challenges.
• Effective communication techniques to manage emotions and avoid explosive behaviours.
• Setting ground rules on agreed upon aspects such as discipline, methods of communication and routines.
• Managing your individual mental health
The Kidsbuzz Family Integration Program is aimed at families who currently experience a breakdown in the family relationship – whether this is between a child / children and one parent, a child/children with both parents, and it can also include extended family members.
The aim of the program is to:
• Educate all parties around the short- and long-term effects of how the relationship currently is, and if it continues this way
• To understand their individual roles that contribute towards the relationship being the way it is and what they can do to improve it
• Improve communication
• Improve critical thinking skills
• Develop goals that are feasible that all parties can work towards.
We understand that there are several factors that may impact family relationships negatively that require assistance to reintegrate and reunify the family. The most common reasons for family breakdown include, but are not limited to:
• Parent absenteeism
• Substance misuse
• Parental Alienation
• Separation and / or divorce
Our team will guide families through this process working hand in hand with each family and individual family members. The following is a broad outline of the program which will be tailor made for every family to suit their specific needs.
Kidsbuzz Parenting Skills Workshop
Parenting does not come with a handbook – there is no instruction manual on what you should and should not do as a parent as everyone’s situation and child is different. Often times, the way we raise our children is based on how we were raised ourselves (whether this is duplicated or whether we choose to be the complete opposite of what we grew up with) – both these options are not necessarily ‘best’ parenting practices. Through this program, we help parents navigate parenthood from any age of the child / children. Each program is fully customized to your unique challenges and situation after the intake process has commenced for us to gain a better understanding of what it is that you need.