At KIDSBUZZ we believe every child deserves an opportunity at a healthy relationship with both their parents.
Should a parent regulate from dysfunctional behaviour we believe there is still a change and opportunity for building a healthy bond and relationship with your child (or children). With the best interest and safety at mind for the child.
The Most common causes of estranged relationships between parents and children are:
- Substance, physical or emotional abuse
- Parent Alienation
- Absent or unknown parent
- Separation and / or divorce
Your child’s symptoms can range from any of the following after an estranged relationship:
- Lack of trust
- Low Self-esteem
- Lack of knowledge of previous positive relationship
- Lack of respect
You can rebuild trust, healthy communications and rekindle previous positive relationships with assistance from various programs and bonding session we provide.
We start with the concept of responsibility and accountability to ensure stable foundation.
Understanding, commitment and Re-enforcement is key when one of the parents are alienated from their children during divorce or separation.
- Bonding therapy is needed when the relationship between a parent and a child has been severed and needs to be restored.
- Process that should take place at regular intervals, with the help of a social worker with whom the child has and existing bond.
- The Social worker creates a platform between parent and child.
- Both parent’s commitment during this lengthy process will serve the child’s best interest.
- Integration therapy is needed when a child must adjust to a new environment, systems and/or routines.
- The need for this usually arises when there have been changes in family dynamics and settings.
- Our eco systematic approach (Family relationships are viewed as units working together for wellbeing) aims to facilitate and foster well balanced families.
- Parenting skills is aimed at parents who have not had the opportunity to parent their child due to varied circumstances.
- Skills such as discipline and boundaries, conflict management, communication and trust are focal points.
- Coping mechanism is provided for parents and children who experience stress and difficulty with the adjustment process.
- Individual sessions with a social worker will cater for this.
- Emotional intelligence will be used for guiding age appropriate insight and decision making.