At KIDSBUZZ we believe every child deserves an opportunity at a healthy relationship with both their parents.
Should a parent regulate from dysfunctional behaviour we believe there is still a change and opportunity for building a healthy bond and relationship with your child (or children). With the best interest and safety at mind for the child.
The Most common causes of estranged relationships between parents and children are:
- Substance, physical or emotional abuse
- Parent Alienation
- Absent or unknown parent
- Separation and / or divorce
Your child’s symptoms can range from any of the following after an estranged relationship:
- Lack of trust
- Low Self-esteem
- Lack of knowledge of previous positive relationship
- Lack of respect
You can rebuild trust, healthy communications and rekindle previous positive relationships with assistance from various programs and bonding session we provide.
We start with the concept of responsibility and accountability to ensure stable foundation.
Understanding, commitment and Re-enforcement is key when one of the parents are alienated from their children during divorce or separation.
Our Services include
- Bonding therapy
- Integration therapy
- Supervised visitations are available at our premises or anywhere else within Gauteng should you prefer a different venue.
- During these visits, the social worker assesses the verbal and non-verbal behaviour of both the child and parent to ensure that the child’s physical, mental and emotional well-being is maintained throughout the visit.
- The social worker will intervene during the visit if deemed necessary should the child show signs of distress.
- A detailed report is provided after every visit.
- Therapy is provided to both children and adults using age-appropriate techniques depending on the age of the child.
- This is offered as individual sessions and will seldom include a joint session unless it is a form of family therapy, couples therapy or marriage counseling.
- During this process, our social workers will guide you and / or your child throughout the healing journey.
- Our assessments form part of an investigatory process to ensure the best interest of the child is met.
- We work closely with families and other professionals where required to ensure that a thorough process takes place.
- A social worker will visit the homes of all necessary parties to conduct assessments into the safety and suitability of the residence.
- A detailed report will be written on the home assessment, highlighting all positive and negative factors found.
- Parenting plans are designed to help parents better co-parent with one another.
- It takes the guess work out of scheduling contact and ensures fairness towards both parents.
- Having a parenting plan in place reduces the amount of conflict parents face when it is correctly implemented.